Thursday, December 8, 2016

There's An Order

Anatomy has been a class I have actually enjoyed studying for.  My other classes I've taken just to fill a requirement, or because it's mandatory for my major.  Studying has been different for all of them.  Honestly, unless the final was comprehensive, I would just study what I had to, take the test, and completely forget it. Anatomy has been different. What I learned in lab, helped me in lectures.  Some of the things I was tested on for the second lecture midterm went back to things that I had to learn for the first midterm.  Anatomy has helped me realize that learning should be more than just studying what you need to for a test and then make room for new information. That's not how life works.
As a baby, you first have to learn to crawl before you can learn to walk.  You have to go to elementary school before you can graduate high school. Life in general is about learning

“Line upon Line, Precept upon Precept” (2Nephi 28:30). 

One of the only things we take into the next life is our knowledge. What good is it to learn something for a mortal test and then throw it away? One day, I'm going to have to know how to create bodies.  I'm going to need to remember my Physics to create worlds. This is why we have our mortal lives. It's to learn. We can't learn everything at once. It's tough to remember that sometimes in college, but if we take it little by little, we remember much more.  I'm grateful for this Anatomy class. I'm thankful that even though the semester is ending, I still remember a LOT from the beginning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment