Thursday, December 8, 2016

Self-Mastery


The church was organized in 1830, and as time progressed, the prophet, Joseph Smith, along with other prophets who would follow him, received revelations that other programs within the church were needed as the church continued to progress and grow. Each of these organizations allowed for more production within the church, and certainly more growth as each committee reached out to others and helped them enter the waters of baptism.

It is interesting to think of how many programs and organizations the church has today (especially in young single adult wards, where bishops try to cram in nearly "made up" callings to be sure that everyone has one). For example, I have been called to serve on the ward's "wellness committee". My first question was, "Is that even an actual calling?" and my second question was, "what do you want me to do with this?" As I have been able to find ways to magnify my calling, I've seen that every organization in the church serves a purpose and is beneficial.

Going through the course of anatomy, I have learned an extremely important life lesson on time-management. As I got into the rhythm of the school year, I came to find that each of the reviews I had scheduled for me, free lab time, didactic lab, Q&A's, study group time, as well as doing all these same things for my classes really could fit into my schedule. I learned how to organize and put my time into different sections and know what I should study and when I should study it. I came to find that I couldn't possibly learn everything I was expected to learn on my own, but that all the programs in anatomy were helping me to be able to manage. Just as the gospel is set up and organized, it's extremely important that we as students organize our time and use the different programs we are given in order to succeed in school, and later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment