Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Body Revealed

One of the strongest ironies of life is that we have our bodies, we live in them, they are us, yet most of us know very little about them. I know I didn't before I took anatomy. Before anatomy, I knew the shin bone was connected to the knee bone and the knee bones is connected the thigh bone, but that was nearly the extent of my knowledge of the skeletal structure of the human body. The function, location and connections of many of the body parts and organs was unknown to me. 

What I have really enjoyed about anatomy is how it has revealed the beauty of the human body to me. It has showed me how incredible its structure and function truly are. That is something that I will appreciate for the rest of my life. I believe that everyone should take at least a basic human anatomy course in order to understand how their body works so they can make better decisions regarding it.


I am glad they placed the Bodies of Light exhibit back up in the Life Science Building (pictured above). It was inspiring to see the scriptures that talked about the body paired with anatomical pictures of the body. It made me consider how wonderful it is that we can learn about the bodies the Lord has given us. It also made me ponder the complexities of these bodies.

In summation, our bodies are a wonderful gift that we should learn about in order to truly appreciate what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment