Thursday, December 8, 2016

Indebted to our Creator

“And thy bowels be moved with compassion toward them.”
-Doctrine and Covenants 121:3

 Wrapping up this semester has led me to reflect on the many things I have learned in anatomy and through a greater understanding of our bodies. This class has been tough. But also very rewarding. Through my scripture study, I have started noticing more references to anatomy than I had previously. Researching the “Bodies Filled with Light” exhibit, I stumbled upon a reference to the many times anatomical terms were used in the scriptures. And it’s been sticking with me since.

Our bodies are referenced so much because of how sacred and amazing they are. We are shaped after our Creator, our Father. And we owe Him a debt of gratitude. Our bodies are amazing vessels, protecting us, filtering out the bad and keeping the good. A parable for what we are to do in the world around us.

A great knowledge of who we are comes from learning about what we are made of. I cannot imagine someone looking inside a human body and not believing in a higher power. We contain inside ourselves the blueprints of the greatest architect.

I am immensely grateful for what we have learned this semester, and will go forward armed with this knowledge.


Anatomy is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment