Monday, November 28, 2016

The Miracle of Life

This Thanksgiving season I was able to spend some time with people I love a whole lot. Something anatomy has taught me, is that the term "the miracle of life" is pretty accurate. After learning the section on embryology, I have often thought just how amazing it is that everyone in my family has turned out pretty healthy. My sister recently had a baby and it amazes me to know all that is going on inside of that little boy! If God did not have his hand in the development of his children, there is no way that people would develop as perfectly as they often do.

I think this quote from Elder Holland explains a little about why God cares so much about our development and growth:


The church is in need of people who are healthy and capable so that they can therefore help others and bring them to the fold. Our bodies are an important part of our spiritual well-being, and God cares that each spirit has a proper place.

I can't quite comprehend why some people are given mortal challenges such as health problems, but I still think it is amazing that after all that could possibly go wrong in the developmental process, people are still alive and the work of God continues to go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment